Business Development Manager
- Location:Hassocks, West Sussex
- Salary:£24000.00 - 25000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:09/09/2021
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Albourne, Hassocks
Salary: £25k per annum depending on experience
Full Time, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm
Our client based in Albourne, Hassocks is looking to recruit a Business Development Officer to ensure effective customer service levels and proactively develop business with new clients and customers. To identify and follow up new leads with a wide range of potential new accounts.
* To Maintain relationships and constant communication with fields sales team and Assistant to COO.
* Assists field sales colleagues with arranging meetings and sales calls with existing, new and potential customer accounts.
* Work alongside field sales team to optimize new customer potential.
* Makes outgoing customer calls in order to sell products and services and set up new customer accounts.
* Initiating sales with potential customers over the phone.
* Answers questions about product specifications and pricing.
* Taking orders over the phone and inputting them into the SAP system
* Upsell customers to larger products.
* Explains product pricing and negotiate bulk or package pricing with COO.
* Accurately and efficiently enter customer information into company SAP database for mailing and billing purposes.
* Process credit card payments and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
* Use SAP telemarketing database and campaign lists by making sales pitches.
* Contact customers in response to correspondence or feedback.
* Supporting other departments answering incoming telephone calls when required.
* Maintains working knowledge of products and services sold and keep current on pet food industry developments.
* Meeting targets and sales quotas.
* Attending consumer and trade shows representing the client and their products. This may include occasional weekend work.
* The person appointed will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active, and flexible with a desire to offer excellent customer service.
* The post-holder will be responsible for planning and managing their own time, for reporting to senior management and for working within timescales and budget.
* Highly motivated team player
* Experience and a clear understanding of a CRM system
* Experience of using SAP systems.
* An understanding of FMCG and retail dynamics.
* Ability to work under pressure and own initiative.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Full current driving licence
* An interest in animals/animal nutrition and their welfare
Please apply today
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.