Import / Export Supervisor
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£10.00 - 12.00
- Job Type:Temporary
- Date Posted:02/09/2021
Job Title: Import/Export Coordinator
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Salary: £10 - £12 per hour
Full Time: Monday - Friday This is a remote role however, the offices are in central Brighton
Our client is looking for an Import/Export Coordinator join their team based in Brighton. This is an exciting new opportunity for somebody to supervise the day-to-day activities of the department and work with internal stakeholders.
* Provide a key interface between the business and the operations staff involved in the physical movement of the cargo.
* Support the business in areas of compliance / regulatory affairs
* Key person for all matters relating to Import / Export work
* Create close working relationships with the Shipping Team members
* Support Import/Export projects for all sectors. Contribute and provide subject matter expertise and support from inception to resolution
* Develop strong working relationships and manage key customers, holding them to standard processes
* Ensure all necessary communications with key stakeholders are in place and that standard work exists for communication with both internal and external customers
* Evaluate and develop best practice to improve internal processes
* Escalation of service, process & cost issues to the appropriate teams and, where required, facilitation of their joint resolution
* Ideally but not required education to degree level or Membership of Institute of Export or similar (eg Freight Forwarding)
* Ideally 3 years Import/Export experience.
* Be a good communicator & able to work under pressure
* Be collaborative and flexible
* Strong continuously improve and problem solve mindset
* Proactive with a strong "can do" attitude
* Fluent English speaker
For more information please contact Chloe Mccausland
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.