Payroll And Pensions Assistant
- Location:Hove, East Sussex
- Salary:£21500.00 - 28000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:25/04/2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the payroll team at our clients based in Hove. This role is for an average of 28 hours per week, and they can be flexible on when you work.
You will support the payroll and pensions lead in the provision of payroll and pension services for up to 350 permanent, fixed term and casual staff across the business.
Main duties will include:
- Responsible for preparing and validating monthly payroll data from start to finish for submission
- to our payroll bureau.
- Administration of employee benefits including healthcare, cycle to work and childcare vouchers.
- Liaise with HR on payroll changes and collate monthly timesheet data.
- Assist with payroll and pensions reconciliations by resolving discrepancies.
- Provide clear, accurate, and prompt advice to staff in response to any payroll or pension queries.
- Identify and assist with any ad hoc process and procedure improvement projects.
- Administration of the organisation's pension schemes and validation and submission of pension contributions within agreed timeframes
Key Skills required:
- Proven experience of working within a Payroll administration role.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience of pensions, with a strong understanding of auto enrolment and pension regulations.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to forward plan workload.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong numeracy, literacy, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Manages internal and external relationships such that confidentiality is never compromised.
This business is a rewarding organisation to work for and their employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including: pension scheme, health care plan, 35 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time staff) and an independent and confidential support service.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.