- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£45000.00 - 53000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:21/04/2021
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Audit Manager to join my client's busy team working on a diverse portfolio of clients. You will have practical audit and accounts experience gained in Practice, be confident in this client-facing role, comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines, and have experience in leading an audit team, whilst developing trainees.
This role will involve you working closely with the directors, but also for you to take responsibility in the planning, implementation and review of a variety of audit work including statutory and voluntary audits, grant claim reporting and other compliance engagements, including companies, charities, pension schemes and societies.
We are looking for candidates who are ACA/ACCA qualified, have a strong audit background and proven management skills.
- Managing and undertaking all aspects of audit engagements, including planning, performing, review and completion of audit files;
- Maintain and develop audit compliance procedures and audit manuals to ensure constant improvement to audit quality and efficiency;
- Management of audit financials, including time budgets;
- Delivering a high quality audit service, whilst managing client and reporting deadlines;
- Remain informed about technical and regulatory accounting changes;
- Manage, mentor and develop the audit team and staff;
- Undertake non-audit assignments, including preparation and review of financial statements and tax assignments;
- Participate in compliance and regulatory administration;
Experience and attributes:
- Practice experience;
- In-depth knowledge in primary accounting frameworks and audit methodologies;
- Confident leading audits and being alone on smaller audits;
- Sound knowledge of corporate and personal taxes;
- Logical, analytical and with a strong attention to detail;
- Proven managerial experience;
- A strong commercial focus, with a keen eye for business development opportunities;
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written;
- Proactive approach to work prioritisation and time management;
- CCH experience desirable, but not essential
If this role sounds like something you would enjoy, please apply today
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.