- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£26000.00 - 30000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:16/04/2021
My client is looking for a bookkeeper.
The company is corporate and looking for someone who can work 36.25 hours per week.
8.30 - 17.00 - Monday to Friday.
Lunch 13.00 - 14.15.
Other benefits include: 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), level of health care provided, good working environment, plenty of CSR supporting local community / events, regular social events remotely or otherwise, 5% Pension and flexible working arrangements.
Key duties of the role:
- Onboarding new clients and designing the best systems for their business. Liaising with outsourcing team and reviewing work returned.
- Xero expert. Confident in training new clients and supporting with system use. Running workshops as required.
- Ideally experience of working in an accountancy practice bookkeeping function - e.g., sales ledger, maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions, bank reconciliation, reconciling control accounts on the balance sheet, balancing accounts, recording client assets, managing client invoices & payments, liaising with clients, suppliers and banking contacts, production of management accounts.
- Experience of filing VAT Returns.
- Commercially driven with an emphasis on providing quality advice & high level of customer
- Highly organised. Works in a logical and methodical, time efficient and accurate way.
- Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
- Genuine team player - friendly, supportive, informative.
Relevant qualifications such as AAT an advantage. However, relevant career history and technical skill set providing strong bookkeeping experience is paramount.
Software packages used, XERO, Receipt Bank. Some experience of sage, QuickBooks &/or FreeAgent an advantage. IRIS for timesheets.
If this role sounds like something you have completed before and would like to move your career on quickly with this fast paced and forward-thinking business, please apply today.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.