Transport Coordinator or Administrator
- Location:Lewes, East Sussex
- Salary:£24000.00 - 25000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:12/04/2021
Having just recruited a new employee this very busy company have decided to expand their team further and are therefore, looking for a Coordinator that as experience with weighbridge or organising transport.
The working hours are 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday, this position does require some flexibility around hours which also requires some Saturday morning working.
- Dealing promptly and efficiently with telephone and visitor enquiries.
- Passing relevant enquiries and information onto our Sales team, then liaising with the sales team to action jobs when they become live.
- Receiving orders from new and existing customers for various container hire services and waste collections.
- Inputting these orders onto our I.T. system (SAP). Effectively co-ordinating the relevant drivers/vehicle types and subsequently shipping of the roll on roll off and articulated vehicles.
- Geographical knowledge of the South of England an advantage.
- Maintaining excellent records, accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Working closely with the general manager and yard supervisor to organise outgoing loads and third-party haulage.
- Collating details of any breakdowns, accidents or incidents from drivers and passing on the information to the general manager.
- Is a customer facing role which requires excellent people skills, you will need to be able to work on your own initiative. You will be responsible for weighing various vehicle types into and out of the site carrying numerous waste types whilst ensuring all data is recorded accurately. You will be required to conduct financial transactions utilising our I.T. system (SAP)
- Must be able to build effective relations and manage customer relationships
Please apply today.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.