Service Desk, Cisco Managed Services Engineer
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£30000.00 - 35000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:14/09/2020
We have a new vacancy due to expansion within our client's business.
Are you a solid team player and independently motivated individual with experience working within a Cisco environment? Are you looking for that next challenging step up in your career?
The business Enterprise team are looking for a Service Desk, Cisco Managed Services Engineer.
The role is to provide technical support directly to their valued customers. The job will be primarily office-based though you will have occasion to go on site at client's locations to implement and maintain solutions. The role includes some out of hours support. The successful candidate will be a target orientated individual and an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong relationships.
- First and foremost, providing proactive and industry leading technical care for our managed service and large Cisco customers. This will include performing a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customers uptime, perform root cause analysis and prevent reoccurring issues. Tasks will include, resolving more complex monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance and upgrading customer systems.
- Centralised technical support for field engineers (providing technical support for incidents and problems, prestaging, configuration of cloud elements etc)
- Owning the resolution of all managed service tickets passing through the support desk (though not necessarily personally resolving them)
- Designing support processes to minimise customer issues, including documentation sets, handover processes, communication channels etc
- Assistance in owning existing local support processes (DB management, spares holdings, lab builds, escalations etc)
- Out of hours support as part of the on-call rota
Skills and experience
- Independently motivated
- Keen to learn and able to demonstrate this
- A solid team player
- Great communication
- Punctual and responsible with excellent time management
- A native English communicator
- Customer facing
- Cisco Meraki ECMS1 and ECMS2 (demonstrable)
- Cisco Routing and Switching to CCNA/CCNP (demonstrable)
If this role sounds like something you would enjoy, please apply today
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.