Assistant Block Manager (Maternity Contract)
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£25000.00 - 25000.00
- Job Type:Contract
- Date Posted:13/02/2020
Assistant Block Manager (Mat Contract)
Fixed Term Contract to April 2021
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am - 17.30pm and be available by telephone to cover a Saturday between 9am-1pm every six weeks
Do you want to work for a friendly and professional independent organisation that values its employees? If so, I have the perfect role for you!
You will already have a proven property/block management background and enjoy managing a portfolio of residential and mix-use blocks and estates on behalf of freehold clients.
- Prepare and issue service charge budgets
- Liaising with landlords and leaseholders inclusive of contractual and financial management
- Attend monthly department meetings
- Review draft annual service accounts prior to external accountants
- Carry out routine and emergency inspections
- Prepare inspection reports for internal action and reference
- Ensure compliance requirements in respect of health and safety including fire risk are assessed and completed against the required deadlines
- Engage Surveyors and structural engineers to complete diagnostic investigations where appropriate
- Prepare maintenance plans
- Assist the administrators in handling enquiries from lessees relating to repairs, service charge and all aspects of property management
- Draw up tender documents, review tenders and appoint contractors
- Administer S20 consultations in respect of major works
- Attend meetings of lessees and AGM's
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience to apply:
- IRPM qualified or part qualified
- Proven block/property management background
- Good level of understanding of managing residential and mixed-use property and estate management
- Excellent communication skills and IT skills
- Well organised with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- A good understanding of the legal framework pertaining to long leasehold residential and mixed management
For more information on this role please contact Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.