- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£40000.00 - 40000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:17/10/2019
Are you an experience Building Surveyor looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a RICS/Chartered Institute of Building qualification?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to a busy and progressive agency in the heart of Brighton
The purpose of the role will be to carry out Building Surveying and valuation duties in Residential and Commercial Management Departments. You will be covering locations all over the South East of England.
Duties will include:
- Assisting Property Managers with the technical aspects of building maintenance and repair.
- Determining the condition of buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair.
- Preparing specifications for minor and major 'Section 20' works.
- Inspecting works on site
- Issuing valuation certificates
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills or experience:
- Thorough knowledge of construction, especially residential property, and of the technologies of key installations such as heating, plumbing, drainage, electrics and lighting.
- Thorough understanding of the different historical periods in construction and relevant issues related to each, including construction methods specific to local area.
- Strong analytical abilities in respect of defect diagnosis, coupled with practical approach to defect rectification.
- Good people and communication skills. Team player with flexible approach.
- Working knowledge of the Party Wall Act and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and their impact on design and construction.
RICS/Chartered Institute of Building qualified - preferred but not essential
For more information on this role please call Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.