Technical Support Operator
- Location:Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex
- Salary:£21000.00 - 25000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:09/10/2019
Would you like to work for a dynamic and pioneering company who are offering great benefits and a competitive salary package?
I have an amazing opportunity to work for a leading distributer in the technology sector.
You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, as a first contact resolution handler you will be part of the Service Desk providing support, improving changes for Telephony, Data and IT Services.
Trips abroad, days/afternoons out
- Pension Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare Initiative
- Perkbox membership
- Free tea & coffee in the office
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and development plans
- Interest Free Travel Loan
- Yearly eye test & spectacle voucher
- Access to well-being champions
- Financial advice
Location: West Sussex
- Configurational support to customers for Telephony, Data and IT Services
- understand and confidently investigate set up in relation to DSL Broadband installs, telephony and IT products.
- Diagnose, log, action and follow through to resolution of all configurational requests, including escalated requests that are service effecting whilst keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Update your line manager on any outstanding configurational requests that will breach their SLT
The ideal candidate will have the following skills or experience;
- Customer service focussed
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to follow process and build a reassuring rapport with customers.
- The ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult
- gather the correct information from the customer, analyse the issue and take appropriate and timely action.
- Target focussed, and able to keep on top of all tasks and escalations whilst assuring excellent customer service always.
- Accurate numeracy, written and data entry skills.
- Solid experience in reporting issues to suppliers, chasing and doing all that is possible to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner and that the customer is kept informed.
- prioritize effectively, to meet deadlines, organised, co-ordinated and pro-active.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and maintaining clear and accurate task and customer data.
- real team player
- Be willing to go the extra mile for the sake of the customer and the business.
- Mac OS X, Linux & Android
- VLANs, Hyper V, VM Ware
- Cloud knowledge: Horizon, Office 365 and other
- Windows Server Backup, Veeam, Attix or StorageCraft
If this role sounds perfect and you would like to know more information, please call Nyomi at Pier Recruitment or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.