Senior Accountant (EMEA)
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£300.00 - 300.00
- Job Type:Contract
- Date Posted:05/09/2019
Senior Accountant (ACCA/CIMA qualified)
Rate of pay: £300.00 per day - 40 hours per week
I am recruiting for a long-term contract position for a Senior Accountant to join a vibrant and busy organisation based in the heart of Brighton to be responsible for the financial operations and support the finance team through cross-departmental projects.
A key responsibility will be to deliver timely and accurate reporting under US GAAP on a monthly basis.
- Implement accounting policies, processes to ensure compliance to US GAAP and local tax requirements
- Analyse and validate key reports and financial results ensuring the accuracy of all financial information prepared by the company
- Develop and maintain relationship with other departments to ensure correct and vital communication is effective across all areas
- Document and understand the impact of GAAP adjustments
- Support in the preparation of a monthly reporting pack
- Assist with areas of monthly management reports
- Maintenance and control of the general ledger and well as month-end, quarterly and year end
- Assist in the statutory audit process
- Reporting and variance analysis
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience to apply:
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Proven supervisory and management experience within a finance role
- Ideally a background within practice
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Natural problem solver
- Strong process and project management skills
- Proven background of maintaining and controlling general ledger, month-end through to year end accounting procedures, reporting and variance analysis
This is a great opportunity to join a global and forward-thinking organisation, for more information on this role please call Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.