MRO Team Leader
- Location:Hassocks, West Sussex
- Salary:£34589.00 - 46222.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:08/07/2019
Are you an experienced Aviation professional looking for your next challenge?
Are you looking to work for a forward thinking organisation that offers extensive training and progression?
If so we have a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business based in rural Sussex.
The purpose of the role will be to oversee the MRO team providing the most efficient and cost-effective solutions relating to all aspects of the MRO operations function.
You will be ensuring that all processes and procedures associated with MRO operations are followed and updated whilst MRO team are trained in accordance with business objectives.
Working hours are 37.5 hours a week 09:00 - 17:30, Monday to Friday. Salary offered is £34,589 - £46,222 dependent on experience.
* Assist the Senior Manager MRO in the development of the MRO Operations team and function
* Supervise the MRO Operations Team and encourage team work. Inspire and motivate team
* To help manage and maintain the smooth, efficient and timely operation of all aspects of the MRO processes
* To assist with the employment, supervision, training, motivation, safety, discipline and any other employment issues for operational MRO Senior Executives, Executives and Administrators
* To ensure components within the MRO operational process are managed and expedited to maintain customer service levels;
* To oversee each aspect of the MRO operational department to ensure contract, trading, leasing and external customer demands are met
* Raise and keep updated all training manuals, guides and logs for the MRO Operations department, working closely with the Quality manager
* Implement and lead MRO Operations team training & development in line with business objections
* Assisting Senior Manager MRO with procedural changes & implementation. Training new staff on IT systems & existing procedures / processes
* To attend and participate in meetings when required and in the managers absence and to attend training as and when required
* Working on implementing new projects throughout the business where required and setting up procedures for the department to effectively manage
* To carry out 6 & 12 monthly appraisals for the responsible MRO Executives and Administrators and set future objectives in line with business expectations
* Assist with staff reviews, training, development, holiday, absenteeism, discipline and departmental recruitment
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience in a supervisory role essential
* Knowledge and/or background in aircraft components
*Preferably a university degree or qualification and /or previous working experience in an aviation environment
* Good leadership skills and ability to motivate, train and develop other team members
* Ability to prioritise and manage staff and workloads
* Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls.
* Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
* Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
* Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm to inspire others
* Initiative, common sense, flexible and adaptable to work in a busy environment
*Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with some experience of Quantum an advantage.
* Performance driven with the desire to succeed.
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more please send your CV through today.
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.