- Location:Hassocks, West Sussex
- Salary:£19000.00 - 26000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:08/07/2019
Do you have logistics experience?
Do you want to work for a forward thinking and progressive company?
If so we are seeking experienced Logistics professionals to join a busy and thriving team.
This role is offering a salary £19,000 - £26,000. They also offer an additional £5000 allowance for night shifts and £3000 for working days once probation is passed.
They have a number of shift patterns available including:
2days on / 2 nights on then 4 off. Shifts usually range from 7am - 7pm /7 pm - 7am.
4 days on / 4 days off working 7am - 7pm
Monday - Friday - working between the hours of 7am - 7pm.
Although the shifts are complex the business is interesting and unique. You will be dealing with aircraft parts and components so no two days are the same!
You will be liaising with suppliers, customers, courier and freight companies - relationship building is key!
This role's purpose is to work closely with the Logistics Team Leader to ensure deliveries are carried out safely and effectively within the timescales provided.
*Ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times and shipments are sent out correctly according to company procedures
* Monitor and guarantee team shipments to local and global customers
* Promote import and export procedures
* Recognise the urgency of orders and react within a timely manner
* Processing shipments from local to global customers
* Obtain shipment details in order to complete relevant paperwork
* Resolving queries
* Working on the telephone, answering and making calls
* Liaise and coordinate with other departments within the business
* Research and obtain quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
Ideally you will have a track record working in logistics or have shipping experience. Knowledge of export and import procedures would really help you to secure this role.
If this exciting and progressive opportunity is of interest to you please call us or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.