Logistics Executive - Day/Night shift pattern
- Location:Hassocks, West Sussex
- Salary:£18500.00 - 25000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:12/03/2019
Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a successful Aviation organisation based in Hassocks that offers its employees a company pension scheme, BUPA Healthcare (following a successful probation period), 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), annual pay reviews and the opportunity to work for an ever growing family run company.
You must be able to drive to access this scenic and rural location on the outskirts of Hassocks.
This Logistics Executive role is offering a salary £18,500 - £25,000 per annum + £5000 shift allowance working a shift pattern of 2days on/2 nights on then 4 off.
This company is a leading dynamic and innovative specialist in the field of aircraft component support. Expert, dedicated and performance driven, they pride themselves on selecting the 'best' candidates for the job. Offering training and career progression, this company also get involved with a number of social activities and charity events.
This role's purpose is to work closely with the Logistics Team Leader to ensure deliveries are carried out safely and effectively within the timescales provided.
* Ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times and shipments are sent out correctly according to company procedures
* Monitor and guarantee team shipments to local and global customers
* Promote import and export procedures
* Recognise the urgency of orders and react within a timely manner
* Processing shipments from local to global customers
* Obtain shipment details in order to complete relevant paperwork
* Resolving queries
* Working on the telephone - answering and making calls
* Liaise and coordinate with other departments within the business
* Research and obtain quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
* Ideally Logistics or Shipping experience preferably gained within an Aviation environment
* Knowledge of export and import procedures
* Pro-active and self-motivated with the drive to succeed in a busy environment
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to drive and mentor the Logistics Administrators
* Excellent IT Skills
* Strong organisation and time management skills
If this exciting and progressive Logistics Executive opportunity based in Hassocks is of interest to you then please call Ellie on 01273 874154 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.