Web Project Manager
- Location:East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Salary:£25000.00 - 40000.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:08/03/2019
We're looking for a Web Project Manager to join our team in Sussex to lead our variety of our ongoing web projects. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented with a knack for organisation & completion of goals. This role suits a problem solver who loves working in a team to launch a variety of web projects and is passionate about being involved from start to finish and beyond. A good sense of humour and looking to work in a fun, dynamic environment also helps!
As Project Manager, your job is to help manage the entire life of the project, from conception to live delivery. Each project may vary in size, and it's the Project Managers key responsibility to ensure efficient organisation and management of the project to meet deadlines and budgets, whilst communicating regularly & clearly with all stakeholders involved - from the client to the team.
Each day, you will review the tasks and goals that need to be completed with your team. You will work with the company's customers in order to deliver the web product that they envision. You will also work with the leaders of the company to try and create new and innovative web solutions for upcoming projects or situations.
A typical day in the life of a Web Project Manager:
Coffee & team chat to get you started...
Check in on project status with team & prioritising of tasks
Contact Customer(s) for update and what is needed from them
Organise any material provided, ready for sign off by client and for passing onto team
Checking deadlines across projects and updating client/management if running behind
Conducting project reviews periodically for checking time est. vs time actual
Managing and updating PM system for client and management
Talk to client about additional costs if any arise due to a change in brief
Sourcing a compromise and solution over any issues that may arise
Updates to our CRM (if needed)
Be main point of call to all clients
Organising meetings with team for updates when needed for project status
Organising meeting with client for upselling opportunities post-launch
Running client facing meetings for project related work relating to spec and out of spec queries
Web Project Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow the scope of an online project that goes from the proposal stage, to the technical work up, and finally to the delivery of the web product.
- Participate in the initial conception stage along with a client in order to better meet the needs of the customer and to translate those expectations to employees.
- Source solutions for customer problems related to website presence issues.
- Work to find and solve any problems with the function of a web project by implementing testing processes and working with technical staff in order to address any issues.
- Conduct sufficient cross over from client to team & vice-verse, especially in post-launch to ensure that there is a consistent level of high quality service
- Maintain customer relations through clear communication & alignment of expectations from both sides
- Aim to meet all project goals within the specified budget of the client and the organization; adjust practices to reflect cost saving measures.
- Generate periodic project status reports to be presented to company stakeholders; detail data, tasks and processes.
- Take on new and unproven tasks in order to develop new business ideas and opportunities that help lead the company to future success.
Web Project Manager Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1 years of experience managing projects in a creative setting
- Experience in communicating with a variety of clients & stakeholder via a range of methods
- Some knowledge & understanding of core CMS' (including Joomla & Wordpress)
- Some knowledge about the development & design process of websites & digital marketing
- Ability to organise and manage budgets & time to ensure jobs are profitable & efficient
- Ability to manage a multitude of different jobs and meet deadlines consistently
- Proficient organisational skills including use of project management systems (Teamwork) and CRMs (Capsule) efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We've been working with a variety of SMEs for 11 years now helping to develop their brand and all their digital needs. We're looking for a new member to join our close knit team and find themselves a good fit within our culture.
We are strong believers in enjoying your work and the people you work with. We are a small agency based in a modern office in Sussex & have lots of perks to make work feel less like, well, work:
- Flexi-time hours (start & finish when works best for you)
- Generous Holiday
- Relaxed working environment
- PlayStation/TV and sofa area
- Plenty of good coffee & tea
- Team outings
- and the odd Tournament…
Because we are a small team, we are on the lookout for someone who wants to be in the thick of it, playing a key role in the company and having a say in where it is going. We have some exciting plans for the future and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, knows their stuff and isn't shy to throw ideas into the mix.
Please apply on line if you think this role is for you.
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.