Accountant AAT qualified
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Salary:£28000.00 - 30500.00
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date Posted:07/02/2019
Accountant - AAT Qualified
Working hours: 37 per week Mon-Fri 8.00 - 16.00 with 15.30 finish on Fridays OR 8.30 - 16.30 with 16.00 finish on Fridays
Salary: £28,000 - £30,500 per annum + Benefit package
I have great pleasure in supporting our client in the recruitment of an Accountant to join their busy central Finance team based out of their offices.
This role will provide support to the Finance Director and Finance Manager through analysis and reporting.
* Undertake monthly reconciliations of key control accounts and investigating variances
* Cash flow forecasting
* Creation and maintenance of supplier and customer accounts
* Prepare and process monthly payroll, grant remittances and journal entries
* Provide data and reports to the Finance Business Partners
* Manage VAT accounting, submitting VAT returns to HMRC and undertake reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
* Maintain asset register
* Provide accurate financial information, analysis and reports
* Support the Finance Manager in month end and end of year close in the provision of information for the auditors
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience to apply:
* AAT qualified desirable CCAB/CIMA part qualified
* Proven experience of working as an accountant ideally within public sector
* Knowledge of UK accounting standards and tax legislation
* Proven background of maintaining and reconciling accounts
* Proven ability to draft report requirements of statutory and tax authorities
* Great IT skills and extensive knowledge of SAGE 200 or similar financial system
* Confident communicator with the ability to work to strict deadlines
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and highly professional organisation that offers a great benefit package. For more information on this role please call Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today|!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.